Here are the top 7 news from the world of cricket:
1. Ramiz Raja explains how Virat Kohli can succeed in WTC final
Former Pakistan cricketer Ramiz Raja has backed India skipper Virat Kohli to perform well in the upcoming final of the inaugural World Test Championship (WTC) against New Zealand, starting from June 18 at the Ageas Bowl in Southampton.
2. Salman questions Misbah’s role in Pakistan setup. Here is why he is not happy with Pak’s coach
Salman Butt has raised questions over Misbah-ul-Haq’s role as the head coach of the Pakistan cricket team. According to the former Pakistan skipper, every coach must specialize in something, but Misbah seemingly fits in no particular domain.
3. Sourav Ganguly Wins Hearts Yet Again With THIS Noble Act
As India continues to battle the second wave of a novel coronavirus, the ‘Prince of Kolkata’ came forward to lend a helping hand to the needy people of Bengal amid these testing times.
4. Devon Conway credits this player for his maiden double century
Devon Conway was all praise for New Zealand’s tail-ender Neil Wagner. The southpaw stated that he wouldn’t have reached his double century without Wagner’s valuable contribution with the bat.
5. Indian players not allowed to meet each other in England. Here is why
The Indian men’s and women’s team landed in London on Thursday and then headed to the Ageas Bowl in Southampton to start their isolation. The Indian players are now looking forward to completing their hard quarantine and then start training.
6. Rashid Khan refuses to captain Afghanistan. Here’s why
Rashid Khan has rejected Afghanistan’s T20I captaincy, stating that he is more valuable as a player than as a leader. Veteran batsman Hashmatullah Shahidi has been appointed as captain of the ODI and Test teams.
7. Usman Khawaja recalls facing racism in Australia
Usman Khawaja became the first Muslim cricketer to play for Australia at the highest level after he made his Test debut during Ashes 2011. However, Usman Khawaja’s journey to the top wasn’t the easiest.