The Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) will face the Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) in game 54 of the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2022 at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai on Sunday, in the first match of the double-header. SRH’ss campaign has slipped rather badly. They won five matches in a row but now have lost three in as many attempts. They are sixth in the points table. Speaking about RCB, they are in the fourth position, having won six wins and lost five. Hyderabad went down to the Delhi Capitals (DC) in their last game by 21 runs as their bowling was hammered. RCB did well to get the better of CSK, coming up with a clinical performance in an important game. They need to carry on the momentum. Here are five player battles to watch out for in SRH vs RCB clash.
1. Abhishek Sharma vs Mohammed Siraj: SRH opener Abhishek Sharma has been in wonderful form for SRH even as Kane Williamson has struggled at the other end. He has come in and got the team off to flying starts on almost every occasion. There were question marks over his place in the team at the start, but he has clearly proved himself. Can he carry on his great form? Sharma will be up against Mohammed Siraj, who has had an inconsistent run in IPL 2022. The RCB pacer will be raring to make an impact against SRH. If he can get rid of Sharma early, Siraj can give Bangalore the early advantage.
2. Faf du Plessis vs Bhuvneshwar Kumar: RCB skipper and opener Faf du Plessis has had an inconsistent run in IPL 2022. He has played two brilliant knocks, but there has been nothing much apart from that. He got a start in the last match and reached the 30s before being dismissed, which is definitely a positive. He now needs to build on it. Experienced SRH pacer Bhuvneshwar Kumar has not been exceptional, but he has done the job expected of him. He has got the key wickets at the top and has kept things extremely tight. Slowly and surely, he has found his mojo. If he can get rid of Faf du Plessis cheaply, he would have done more than half his job.
3. Rahul Tripathi vs Josh Hazlewood: Rahul Tripathi has been one of SRH’s standout performers in IPL 2022. He has come in and taken on the opposition bowlers and played some fantastic knows. Of course, the aggressive manner in which he bats has also led to his early dismissals in a few matches. Still, he would keep playing his natural game. His tussle with Josh Hazlewood would be crucial. The RCB fast bowler has unsettled quite a few batters with his extra pace. He would look to catch Tripathi off guard as well. Who will win this intense battle?
4. Dinesh Karthik vs Umran Malik: What a mouth-watering prospect this is. If he gets a chance, Dinesh Karthik would come in at the end and look to go berserk. If it goes right for him, he can make a massive difference as he has done in a number of games this season. Towards the end, he might be up against Umran Malik. The SRH pacer has oscillated between the incredible and the mediocre in IPL 2022. Which Malik turns up on Sunday could go a long way in deciding the result of the contest.
5. Nicholas Pooran vs Harshal Patel: Nicholas Pooran has notched up two brilliant half-centuries for SRH in the last two matches for the franchise. However, they have come in losing causes as he had too much to do. He will be confident of performing well, though after his success. Harshal Patel found much-needed form with his three-for in the last game. He will try to unsettle Pooran with his variations. Will he succeed in his endeavor?