The Rajasthan Royals (RR) will meet the Lucknow Super Giants (LSG) in game 20 of the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2022 edition at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai on Sunday. This will be the second match of the double-header. Rajasthan and Lucknow have been two of the most impressive sides in the tournament so far. Rajasthan have two wins in three matches. Some chinks in their armour were exposed by the Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB), who defeated them in their last match. Lucknow have been excellent since losing the first game to the Gujarat Titans (GT). They have won three games in a row. After hammering the Chennai Super Kings (CSK) and the Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH), they also got the better of the Delhi Capitals (DC). Here are five player battles to watch out for in RR vs LSG clash.
1. Jos Buttler vs Avesh Khan: RR opener Jos Buttler has been in sublime form for RR. After smacking a hundred against Mumbai, he followed it up with an impressive 70 not out off 47 balls against RCB. Rajasthan will be extremely pleased with their dashing opener’s form and will be keen for him to carry on the great work. What Buttler does when he scores is that he does it at a quick pace and throws opposition plans off gear. The RR opener, though will be posed a tough challenge by Avesh Khan. The Lucknow pacer has been in excellent form. He claimed four wickets in the victory against Sunrisers Hyderabad. Avesh will be given the responsibility of sending back the dangerous Buttler early.
2. Quinton de Kock vs Trent Boult: LSG opener Quinton de Kock was the only batter from the team who looked comfortable out in the middle during the team’s chase of 150 against DC on a sluggish DY Patil surface. It was a demonstration of the quality QDK possesses. The South African left-hander will be crucial to the team’s fortunes against RR as well. He will want to get the team off to another good start. At the other end, Trent Boult will be steaming in to try and unsettle De Kock. The left-arm pacer has been impressive with his pace and accuracy and will be expected to deliver the goods.
3. Sanju Samson vs Ravi Bishnoi: RR skipper Sanju Samson has looked in fine touch in IPL 2022. After a stroke-filled 55 against SRH, he contributed a breezy 30 against Mumbai. Samson failed against RCB and hence will be keen to get back among the runs. If he scores, he will pound the opposition. It won’t be easy in the middle overs, though. Leggie Ravi Bishnoi has throttled batters with his smart bowling and has been rewarded with key wickets as well. He won’t be afraid to throw a bait to Sanju in an endeavour to induce a false stroke from him.
4. Shimron Hetmyer vs Jason Holder: The West Indies vs West Indies battle in the IPL. Shimron Hetmyer has been absolutely brilliant for RR in the competition so far. In every match, he has come in towards the fag end of the innings and has played destructive cameos to build on the start the team has got. His role will be the same against LSG as well. However, it won’t be easy for him against Jason Holder. The West Indian pacer is a highly intelligent bowler who knows how to vary his deliveries. He will be confident of outfoxing his Windies teammate.
5. Deepak Hooda vs Yuzvendra Chahal: Deepak Hooda has been in fantastic big-hitting form. Even when LSG have been in trouble, he has come in and taken the game to the opposition camp with some brutal hitting. Hooda knows only one way to bat. However, he is likely to be up against the guile of RR leggie Chahal. The experienced bowler has quite a few tricks up his sleeve. He will look to unsettle Hooda and send him back early.