KL RAHUL BIOGRAPHY
|FULL NAME||Kannaur Lokesh Rahul|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Mangalore, Karnataka, India|
|BORN||18 April 1992|
|HEIGHT||5 ft 11 in (180 cm)|
|JERSEY NO.||11 (IPL) 1 (ICC)|
|BATTING STYLE||Right hand Bat|
|HOBBIES||Playing (tennis, and football), Listening to music, Playing on PlayStation|
|SCHOOL||NITK English Medium School, Surathkal|
|KL RAHUL’S INSTAGRAM||@klrahul|
|KL RAHUL’S FACEBOOK||@klrahul|
|KL RAHUL’S TWITTER||@klrahul|
KL RAHUL’S NEWS
TABLE OF CONTENT
DEBUT IN INTERNATIONAL CRICKET OF KL RAHUL
- ODI – 11 June 2016 against Zimbabwe at Harare
- T20I – 18 June 2016 against Zimbabwe at Harare
- Test – 26 December 2014 against Australia at Melbourne
TEAMS KL RAHUL PLAYED FOR
- India, Karnataka, East Zone, South Zone, Royal Challengers Bangalore, India A, Sunrisers Hyderabad, Indians, Hubli Tigers, Indian Board Presidents XI, Bellary Tuskers, Punjab Kings, Asia XI, Lucknow Super Giants
RECORDS OF KL RAHUL
- The 2nd ever cricket player from Mangalore to play for the Indian Test team, after Budhi Kunderan.
- The 1st ever Karnataka batsman to hit a score a triple century in first-class cricket (337 runs) against Uttar Pradesh in the 2014-15 Ranji Trophy season.
- The 1st Indian to score an ODI hundred on debut, against Zimbabwe in 2016.
- In 2017, he became the 1st Indian and 6th overall cricketer to score 7 consecutive Test fifties.
- The 1st Indian and 10th overall cricketer to be dismissed by a hit-wicket in the T20 internationals.
- In 2018, he smashed the fastest-ever IPL fifty (in 14 balls) against ‘Delhi Daredevils’ at the PCA Stadium in Mohali.
CONTROVERSIES OF KL RAHUL
KL Rahul is a high-profile and successful athlete, and as such, he has faced his share of controversies over the years.
- In July 2016, when the Indian cricket team toured West Indies, during a day off KL Rahul posted a photo with a beer bottle on Twitter. Then what, the image went viral but was not liked by some of the BCCI officials as according to them, it will send a bad example to the cricket fans. However, Rahul immediately deleted the photo after the BCCI’s objection.
- In February 2017, when he tweeted about Ravichandran Ashwin following him on Twitter, he received various replies, one of which by “BeingChirag Dave” caught his attention as it was a harsh one. Rahul couldn’t stop himself and gave him a sarcastic reply.
- In 2019, he, along with Hardik Pandya, was invited to Karan Johar’s talk show ‘Koffee with Karan.’ The episode stirred controversy due to their sexist comments.
WIFE OF KL RAHUL
- On 23 January 2023, Rahul married his long-time partner, Indian actress Athiya Shetty, daughter of actor Sunil Shetty, after dating for more than three years.
FAVOURITES OF KL RAHUL
|Batsman||Rahul Dravid, AB de Villiers, Virat Kohli|
|Bowler||Dale Steyn, Mitchell Starc|
|Cricket Ground||M. Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bengaluru Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG) in Sydney|
|Athlete||Usain Bolt (Sprinter), Roger Federer (Tennis)|
|Footballer||Zlatan Ibrahimovic, David Beckham|
|Football Team||Manchester United F.C.|
|Food||Sushi, Bhindi curry|
|Actresses||Aishwarya Rai , Shraddha Kapoor, Alia Bhatt, Kareena Kapoor, Scarlett Johansson|
|Music Band||Linkin Park, Coldplay, The Script|
|Song||“Firestone” by Kygo “Ghost Town” by Adam Lambert “Cold Water” by Major Lazer feat. Justin Bieber & MØ|
|Book||Life Without Limits by Nick Vujicic|
KL RAHUL’S VIDEO
SALARY OF KL RAHUL
- BCCI Retainer Fee- INR 3 crores
- Test- INR 15 lakh
- ODI- INR 6 lakh
- T20I- INR 3 lakh
- IPL-INR 17 crores
Net Worth- INR 90 crores (approx)
HOUSE OF KL RAHUL
KL Rahul owns a luxurious apartment in Bangalore, which is reportedly worth INR 65 Lakhs.
In addition to this, the Mangalore-born cricketer also owns a lavish 7000 sq ft Villa Milana in Goa.
KL RAHUL BRAND ENDORSEMENTS
- Bharat Pe
- Tata Nexon
- Red Bull
- Reserve Bank of India
PHOTO GALLERY OF KL RAHUL
FAQs about KL RAHUL.
KL Rahul has been signed by the Lucknow IPL franchise for INR 17 crore (US$ 2.28 million approx.), making him the joint-highest-paid player in the IPL across seasons.
The cricketer a few years back turned vegetarian. He loves to eat Bhindi, Steamed rice, and masala dosa.
23 January 2023.
KL Rahul’s house is in one of the oldest residential areas of North Bangalore in Benson town, and the apartment Binny Crescent has the classic charm of old Bangalore.