STEVEN SMITH BIOGRAPHY
|FULL NAME||Steven Peter Devereux Smith|
|NICKNAME||Schmidt, Smudge, Smithy, God|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Sydney, New South Wales, Australia|
|BORN||2 June 1989|
|HEIGHT||5 ft 9 in (175 cm)|
|EYE COLOUR||Light Blue|
|JERSEY NO.||49 (ICC)|
|BATTING STYLE||Right-hand bat|
|BOWLING STYLE||Legbreak Googly|
|SISTER||Kristie Smith (Elder)|
|HOBBIES||Photography, scuba diving, watching tennis, rugby & baseball|
|SCHOOL||Menai High School, Sutherland Shire|
|STEVEN SMITH’S INSTAGRAM||@steve_smith49|
|STEVEN SMITH’S FACEBOOK||@SteveSmith|
|STEVEN SMITH’S TWITTER||@stevesmith49|
TABLE OF CONTENT
DEBUT IN INTERNATIONAL CRICKET OF STEVEN SMITH
- ODI – 19 February 2010 vs West Indies at Melbourne
- T20I – 5 February 2010 vs Pakistan at Melbourne
- Test – 13 July 2010 vs Pakistan at Lord’s
CRICKET & MORE OF STEVEN SMITH
- Domestic/IPL Franchise – Antigua Hawksbills, New South Wales, Pune Warriors, Rajasthan Royals, Rising Pune Supergiants, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Sutherland, Sydney Sixers, Worcestershire
- Nature on the field – Aggressive
- Like to play against – India, England
RECORDS OF STEVEN SMITH
Steven Smith is one of the most successful and decorated cricketers in the world. Some of his achievements include:
- 2nd highest wicket-taker of ICC WorldCup T20 2010.
- First Australian skipper to open the captaincy with three consecutive centuries, and the second batsman against West Indies to score a century in every match of a Test series.
- During the 2014–15 Border-Gavaskar Trophy Test Series, Smith set a record for the most runs (769) scored by an individual in a series against India.
CONTROVERSIES OF STEVEN SMITH
Steven Smith is a high-profile and successful athlete, and as such, he has faced his share of controversies over the years.
- Steve took a magnificent catch of Pakistani batsman Fawad Alam in slips which was a little controversial as Smith ran to the ball before the batsmen played the shot, later it was declared a fair catch.
- On 24 March 2018, during the evening session on the third day of the 3rd Test match between Australia and South Africa, Australia’s Cameron Bancroft was caught on camera damaging the ball with a small yellow object (ball-tampering). At the press conference after the day’s play, Bancroft accepted that he was trying to alter the ball with yellow tape attached to some padding, with captain Steve Smith fully aware about it as it was planned during the lunch break by the “leadership group,” of the team. After the investigation, the Cricket Australia banned Steve Smith and David Warner for a year, and Cameron Bancroft for 9 months, from international and domestic cricket
GIRLFRIENDS AND MORE OF STEVEN SMITH
- Danielle Willis
- Instagram Account:- @dani_willis
FAVOURITES OF STEVEN SMITH
|Tennis Player||Roger Federer|
|Favourite Film||Hollywood: Home Alone 2: Lost in New York|
|Favourite TV Shows||American: Las Vegas, CSI, Two and a Half Men, One Tree Hill|
|Favourite Musicians||Florence + The Machine, Little Birdy, Vampire Weekend, La Roux, The Killers|
|Favourite Food||Chicken Schnitzel, Acai|
|Favourite Restaurant||Clovelly Hotel in Sydney|
STEVEN SMITH’S VIDEO
SALARY OF STEVEN SMITH
- Salary – Retainer Fee – $1.2 Million (AUD)
– Test Fee – $14,000 (AUD)
– ODI Fee -$7,000 (AUD)
– T20 Fee – $5,000 (AUD)
- Net Worth (Approx) – $9 Million (AUD)
PHOTO GALLERY OF STEVEN SMITH
FAQs about Steve Smith
Steve Smith is among the best batsmen in the world for quite some time now.
In 66 Tests, Smith has scored 25 centuries and averages 63.24, the second highest Test batting average behind Sir Donald Bradman’s 99.94 among those who have played at least 20 Tests.
Steve Smith has picked Pakistan’s left-arm pacer, Mohammad Amir, as the toughest bowler he has encountered in international cricket.
R Ashwin becomes 1st bowler to dismiss Steve Smith on a duck twice in his Test career.