DAVID WARNER BIOGRAPHY
|FULL NAME||David Andrew Warner|
|NICKNAME||Lloyd, Mario, Bull, Cannon, The Reverend, Pocket Size Dynamo|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Paddington, New South Wales, Australia|
|BORN||27 October 1986|
|HEIGHT||5 ft 7 in (170 cm)|
|DAUGHTER||Ivy Mae Warner, Indi Rae, Isla Rose|
|HOBBIES||Travelling, Writing, Golfing, Swimming|
|SCHOOL||Matraville Public School School, Hillsdale, New South Wales|
Randwick, New South Wales, Randwick, New South Wales
TABLE OF CONTENT
- DAVID WARNER BIOGRAPHY
- INTERNATIONAL DEBUT OF DAVID WARNER
- TEAMS DAVID WARNER PLAYED IN
- RECORDS OF DAVID WARNER
- AWARDS WON BY DAVID WARNER
- CONTROVERSIES OF DAVID WARNER
- WIFE OF DAVID WARNER
- FAVOURITES OF DAVID WARNER
- VIDEOS OF DAVID WARNER
- SALARY OF DAVID WARNER
- HOUSE OF DAVID WARNER
- DAVID WARNER CARS
- DAVID WARNER BRAND ENDORSEMENTS
- PHOTO GALLERY OF DAVID WARNER
INTERNATIONAL DEBUT OF DAVID WARNER
- ODI – 18 January 2009 against South Africa at Hobart
- T20I -11 January 2009 against South Africa at Melbourne
- Test – 1 December 2011 against New Zealand at Brisbane
TEAMS DAVID WARNER PLAYED IN
- Australia, Delhi Capitals, New South Wales, Middlesex, Cricket Australia Chairmans XI, Sydney Thunder, Sydney Sixers, Australians, Sunrisers Hyderabad, Winnipeg Hawks, Saint Lucia Kings, Sylhet Sixers, Australia A, Finch XI, Cummins XI, Southern Brave
RECORDS OF DAVID WARNER
- He is the first Australian batsman to score 7 ODI centuries in a calendar year.
- In 2009, he became the first cricketer in 132 years to be selected for a national team in any format without making his debut in first-class cricket.
- Warner and Shane Watson have been the most successful opening pair in T20I history with 1108 runs (highest overall partnership runs by openers in T20Is). They are also the only opening pairs to have scored over 1000 runs in T20Is. Both Warner and Watson as pairs scored 1154 runs in T20I history, the most by any pair in T20I history.
- Warner is the first Australian and sixth overall to reach 1,500 T20I runs.
- On 7 November 2015, Warner became only the third batsman in history of Test cricket to score centuries in both innings of a Test match thrice, after Sunil Gavaskar and Ricky Ponting.
- Warner also became the second opener in Test cricket history, after India’s Sunil Gavaskar, to score three consecutive Test hundreds twice in his career.
- Fastest test half century of 23 balls.
- On 30 November 2019, Warner became the first batsman to score a triple century at Adelaide Oval with a score of 335* against Pakistan. He was the seventh Australian batsman to score a triple century, and the fourth to do so at an Australian ground. This score saw Warner surpass Sir Donald Bradman (334) and Mark Taylor (334*) to hold the second highest Test score by an Australian batsman, behind only Matthew Hayden.
- On 27 October 2019, he scored his maiden T20I century, becoming the third Aussie to score centuries in all three formats of the game.
- On 28 September 2017 he played in his 100th ODI and became the first batsman for Australia and 8th batsman overall to score a century in his 100th ODI after Gordon Greenidge, Chris Cairns, Mohammad Yousuf, Kumar Sangakkara, Chris Gayle, Marcus Trescothick and Ramnaresh Sarwan.
- On 3 January 2017, while playing against Pakistan at the Sydney Cricket Ground, he became only the fifth cricketer to score a century before lunch on the first day of a Test match, after Victor Trumper, Charlie Macartney, Don Bradman and Majid Khan. Of the five, he was the first to do so in Australia.
AWARDS WON BY DAVID WARNER
- ICC Test Team of the Year: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- ICC ODI Team of the Year: 2016, 2017
- ICC Test Team of the Decade: 2011–2020
- ICC ODI Team of the Decade: 2011–2020
- Allan Border Medal: 2016, 2017,2020
- Australian Test Player of the Year: 2016
- Australian One Day International Player of the Year: 2017, 2018
- Bradman Young Cricketer of the Year: 2012
- Indian Premier League Orange Cap: 2015, 2017, 2019
- ICC Men’s T20 World Cup Player of the Tournament: 2021
CONTROVERSIES OF DAVID WARNER
- On 9 June 2013, hours after Australia lost an ICC Champions Trophy match to England at Edgbaston, Warner attacked England’s Joe Root in the wee hours at the Walkabout bar in Birmingham. Following this incident, the Australian Cricket Team took strong action against Warner and stated that Warner was to be fined £7,000 (AU $11,500) and wouldn’t play the rest of the 2013 ICC Champions Trophy and the tour matches. Warner defend his actions by saying that Joe was making fun of South African batsman Hasim Amla which provoked Warner to do it.
- On 4 March 2018, when both Australian and South African players were returning back to their dressing rooms at tea of the 4th day of the 1st Test at Durban, ugly remarks were exchanged between Warner and Quinton de Kock on a stairwell. Following this incident, based on the video footage, the ICC fined Warner by deducting 75% of his match fee and gave 3 demerit points. Whereas, De Kock was fined 25% of his match fee and was given 1 demerit point.
- On 24 March 2018, during the evening session on the third day of the 3rd Test match between Australia and South Africa, Australia’s Cameron Bancroft was caught on camera damaging the ball with a small yellow object (ball-tampering). At the press conference after the day’s play, Bancroft accepted that he was trying to alter the ball with yellow tape attached to some padding, with captain Steve Smith fully aware of it as it was planned during the lunch break by the “leadership group,” of the team. After the investigation, Cricket Australia banned Steve Smith and David Warner for a year, and Cameron Bancroft for 9 months, from international and domestic cricket.
WIFE OF DAVID WARNER
- Warner married Australian former Ironwoman Candice Falzon in April 2015. They have three daughters.
FAVOURITES OF DAVID WARNER
|Batsmen||Virat Kohli, KL Rahul|
|Cricket Stadium||Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG), Melbourne|
|Actresses||Aishwarya Rai, Katrina Kaif, Anushka Sharma, Penelope Cruz|
|Song||“Burn For You” by Robbie Balmer sings|
VIDEOS OF DAVID WARNER
SALARY OF DAVID WARNER
- Cricket Australia Retainer Fee- AUD 1.5 million
- Test-$18,000, also handed a 40% match fee bonus for every overseas Test match victory
- ODI-, $7,000
- T20I- $5,500
- Salary – IPL – INR 6.25 crore
- Net Worth (Approx) – $,23 million
HOUSE OF DAVID WARNER
David Warner resides in Australia. He purchased a $2.3 million home in Maroubra. It’s expected to be their interim residence until they construct a new house in Lurline Bay, just 800 meters apart.. The estimated value of this real estate property is around Rs. 20 Crores INR. He also owns different real estate properties in different countries as well.
DAVID WARNER CARS
The Car brands owned by David Warner include Lamborghini Huracan and Audi.
DAVID WARNER BRAND ENDORSEMENTS
PHOTO GALLERY OF DAVID WARNER
FAQs about David Warner
A left-handed opening batsman, Warner is the first Australian cricketer in 132 years to be selected for a national team in any format without experience in first-class cricket.
David Warner is an IPL legend! A three-time Orange Cap winner, the fastest to 5000 IPL runs and the best overseas batter in the history of the tournament.
Warner’s technique is vulnerable against the moving ball, be it spin, seam, or swing.
Australian cricketer David Warner has expressed his love and admiration for India. The southpaw is a fan-favourite in the country and has immersed himself in Indian culture over the years.
Warner was banned from cricket for a year and from leadership roles in the Newlands ball-tampering scandal in 2018.
The former captain of the national team went on to say Candice ‘shaped and moulded me into the person I am now’. If it wasn’t for her, he said his ‘career in all three formats’ would not be as successful or enduring as it is now.