The eighth edition of the PSL concluded on March 18, with Shaheen Afridi-led Lahore Qalandars winning the tournament for the 2nd straight time.
In a repeat of the 2022 PSL final between Lahore Qalandars and Multan Sultan, the Qalandars, batting first, put 200 on the board, courtesy of 65(40) from Abdullah Shafique and a blistering 44(15) from Shaheen Afridi.
In reply, the Sultans fell short of a single run, as the Mohammed Rizwan side finished on 199-9 after 20 overs. Shaheen Afridi won the player of the match award for his four-wicket haul and heroics with the bat. Meanwhile, Multans’ Ishanullah won the player of the tournament award for being the 2nd leading wicket-taker with 22 wickets in 12 games.
Days after the final, the PCB released the team of the tournament, and five players from Multan Sultans made it to the playing XI, the most among any other side. Meanwhile, Shaheen Afridi is one of the picks from Lahore Qalandars and is named the team’s captain. Here is the full list.
- Mohammad Rizwan (Multan Sultans) – Matches: 12, Runs: 550
- Babar Azam (Peshawar Zalmi) – Matches: 12, Runs: 522
- Mohammad Haris (Peshawar Zalmi) – Matches: 12, Runs: 350
- Rilee Rossouw (Multan Sultans) – Matches: 11, Runs 453,
- Azam Khan (Islamabad United) – Matches: 10, Runs: 282
- Kieron Pollard (Multan Sultans) – Matches: 11, Runs: 260
- Imad Wasim (Karachi Kings) – Matches: 10, Runs: 404
- Shaheen Shah Afridi (Lahore Qalandars) (captain) – Matches: 12, Wickets: 19
- Rashid Khan* (Lahore Qalandars) – Matches: 11, Wickets: 20
- Abbas Afridi (Multan Sultans) – Matches: 11, Wickets: 23
- Ihsanullah (Multan Sultans) – Matches: 12, Wickets: 22
- Saim Ayub (Peshawar Zalmi) (12th man) – Matches: 10, Runs: 341