Bangladesh Cricket Board has warned Tanzim Sakib for his misogynistic Facebook posts. He has been told not to post anything on social media that will hurt public sentiment.
Tanzim, who was impressive on his ODI debut against India, was slammed for his posts on working women.
Tanzim, who helped Bangladesh win the Under-19 World Cup in 2020, was in the limelight after his social media activity hurt public sentiments to a great extent.
“If the wife works, the husband’s rights are not ensured. If the wife works, the child’s rights are not ensured. If the wife works, her elegance is damaged,” Tanzim posted on Facebook last year.
The board officials spoke to him and he was told to refrain from posting anything controversial on social networking sites.
“He was sorry for his actions. Tanzim said that he doesn’t hate women. We have warned him and if repeat the mistake, we will take serious action against him. We are close to the ICC World Cup 2023 and he is a young boy,” BCB’s cricket operation chairman Jalal Yunus told reporters at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium on Tuesday.
Jalal said that Sakib had deleted all the posts.